The Glebe Surgery

The Glebe, Storrington, West Sussex, RH20 4FR

Telephone: 01903 742942

Sorry, we're closed

Latest News:

Self Care Guide

Self-Care Advice

For a lot of common illnesses and ailments there are no specific cure and they will be relived with time and simple remedies that can be purchased without prescription. So your gp cannot always prescribe a drug for every problem/ailment.

Click below to access A-Z Symptom Checker, for useful information and advice.

NHS Symptom Checker A-Z

Can you treat yourself at home ?

It is useful for households the keep a reasonable well stocked medicine cabinet at home to deal with minor ailments. Remember all medicines should be stored in a box or in a locked cupboard and should be kept well out of reach of children.

Always check the expiry date on medicines and do not keep them for future use, As they will lose their effect or could become dangerous.

Have you spoken to a pharmacist ?

Pharmacists are qualified to dispense not only medications, but can also offer a wide range of advice on common complaints such as Sore Throats/Colds, Aches and Pains/Colds and Flu.

They can answer questions on medications and help you with advice they can also advise if you should see your gp if they cannot help you.

They also can advise and treat the following ailments.

·  Mild acne

·  Coughs/colds

·  Sore throats

·  Flu

·  Cystitis

·  Medication reviews

·  Rashes

·  Mild eczema/dermatitis

·  Earache

·  Emergency contraception

·  Diarrhoea

·  Eye symptoms

·  Hay fever

·  Haemorrhoids

·  Scabies

·  Worms

·  Warts & verrucas

And many more

Pharmacy Self Care Patient Advice


Did you know that £2 billion per year of NHS money is spent with people coming to their surgery with minor ailments and 18% of GP consultations are for minor ailments that do not need to be seen by the GP?

There is a lot more self help and advice at NHS Choices 

You can also seek living well advice from NHS Live well


Have you Tried NHS111?

NHS111 is a 24 hour service for health information and advice and is staffed by professional health advisors and nurses.

They offer free confidential advice on what to do if you are ill and provide information on a range of conditions and services, and can put in you in contact with your local health, self help and support organisations and also refer you onwards to you’re out of hours doctors service when your surgery is closed.

Ring NHS111 by dialling 111 calls are free from Landlines and mobile phones.

Do you need to seek emergency hospital treatment?

In cases of accidents or illness where there is an immediate risk to life you should attend the nearest A&E Department or call 999 for an ambulance. Follow this route in critical emergencies where there has been major blood loss, severe chest pain or loss of consciousness.

Self-Care Fact Sheets

Minor Injuries Units

Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Horsham Hospital

Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Bognor War Memorial Hospital



Translate »